Defunct Cruise Lines
MS Eurodam was built at the Italian Fincantieri shipyards and came into service for Holland America line in 2008 she is a large ship weighing in at 86,700 tonnes and a length of 935 feet, she is the sister ship to MS Nieuw Amsterdam.
On board the ship offers 5 types of cabins Interior, Ocean-view, Verandah Staterooms, Signature Suites and Neptune Suites with addition options within each type, cabins range from approximately 140 sq feet for a basic cabin up to 1,357 sq feet for a penthouse suite which includes 24-hour Concierge Service.
There are five main dining rooms including the Tamarind Restaurant and Silk Den Lounge offering panoramic views of the ocean and Lido Pool area. There are numerous bars including a very nice piano bar.
for entertainment the Eurodam boasts an impressive show lounge theatre featuring talented vocalists, dancers, illusionists, comedians and variety acts the theatre is capable of seating 890 guests, the ship is lacking in a outdoor movie theatre but there is a nicely decorated indoor screening room, the vessel has a well equipped gym and fitness centre along with a spa and beauty salon.
the onboard shops offer a selection of fine jewellery, watches, fragrances, premium liquor, and exclusive Holland America souvenirs, print s, digital photos, photo packages and DVDs can be purchased in the photo shop.
MS Eurodam welcomes families and offers’ exciting youth and teen friendly activities and facilities for guests ages 3 to 17 including Club HAL® where Children, ages 3-7, can participate in such activities as pirate treasure hunts, hands-on pizza making, storytelling etc, for older children there are suitable activities such as xbox and wii tournaments in the games room and teen's only night club events.
Onboard Entertainment and Facilities
|Restaurants & Bars||Shops|
|Fast Food||Room Service|
|Nightclub or Disco||Lounge|
|Pursers desk||Excursion desk|
|Card room||Medical room|
|Laundry room||Sauna/steam room|
|Gym||Childrens activity clubs|
|Babysitting service||Video games room|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor movie theater|
History's Most Famous
10. Costa Concordia - Largest cruise ship disaster, ran aground and capsized near Italy (2012), her captain allegedly saved himself whilst others were still onboard.
9. Hms Victory - Admiral Nelson's flagship, Best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar, now a museum ship at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, England
8. Hms Bounty - Made famous for Mutiny aboard ship, (April 28, 1789) against her captain William Bligh.
7. Santa Maria - was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage.
6. USS Indianapolis - After delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb the ship was torpedoed and sank, from the remaining 880 surviving crewmen only 317 were rescued with 563 men succumbing to shark attacks and dehydration.
5. Bismarck - One of the largest battleships ever built by Germany, responsible for sinking the British battleship Hms Hood.
4. USS Arizona - Sunk during the pearl harbour attacks in 1941, the ship still lies where she sank with a memorial constructed above it honouring the crew.
3. USS missouri - The place of the surrender of Japan which ended World War II. Now a museum ship at pearl harbour
2. Rms carpathia - Made famous when she came to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic disaster
1. Rms Titanic - Probably the most famous ship of all is the alleged unsinkable titanic which hit an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage (April 14 1912)