Defunct Cruise Lines
MS Prinsendam was built in 1988 as the Royal Viking Sun for the Royal Viking Line, in 1999 she was acquired by the seabourn cruise line and renamed seabourn sun, she sailed under this name until 2002 when she came into service for Holland America line and was renamed MS Prinsendam.
On board all cabins and suites are exceptionally comfortable and are equipped with Egyptian cotton towels, massage showerheads, good quality hair dryers, premium-quality mattresses and fresh fruit, Penthouse Verandah Suites and Deluxe Verandah Suites come with additional benefits including a Fully stocked, mini-bar and Complimentary use of the private Neptune Lounge.
The Canaletto Restaurant is your destination for an intimate Italian dinner the restaurant Named for a famous 18th-century Venetian artist alternatively there’s the Pinnacle Grill which is a more sophisticated dining experience with its inspired seafood dishes, premium Sterling Silver Beef® and select wines, other options include the La Fontaine Dining Room offering Five-course menus include continental cuisine, vegetarian and low-carb options, the ship also has a Culinary Arts Centre with gourmet presentations, tasting events and intimate cooking classes.
Other facilities on board prinsendam include the Greenhouse Spa & Salon: where you can Enjoy a facial, a hot stone massage and have your hair and nails done, the Queen's Show Lounge: providing entertainment including talented vocalists, dancers, illusionists, comedians and variety acts, the ship also offers all the usual cruise ship features including sports facilities, pools, bars and a nightclub.
Onboard Entertainment and Facilities
|Restaurants & Bars||Shops|
|Fast Food||Room Service|
|Nightclub or Disco||Lounge|
|Pursers desk||Excursion desk|
|Card room||Medical room|
|Laundry room||Sauna/steam room|
|Gym||Childrens activity clubs|
|Babysitting service||Video games room|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor movie theater|
History's Most Famous
10. Costa Concordia - Largest cruise ship disaster, ran aground and capsized near Italy (2012), her captain allegedly saved himself whilst others were still onboard.
9. Hms Victory - Admiral Nelson's flagship, Best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar, now a museum ship at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, England
8. Hms Bounty - Made famous for Mutiny aboard ship, (April 28, 1789) against her captain William Bligh.
7. Santa Maria - was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage.
6. USS Indianapolis - After delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb the ship was torpedoed and sank, from the remaining 880 surviving crewmen only 317 were rescued with 563 men succumbing to shark attacks and dehydration.
5. Bismarck - One of the largest battleships ever built by Germany, responsible for sinking the British battleship Hms Hood.
4. USS Arizona - Sunk during the pearl harbour attacks in 1941, the ship still lies where she sank with a memorial constructed above it honouring the crew.
3. USS missouri - The place of the surrender of Japan which ended World War II. Now a museum ship at pearl harbour
2. Rms carpathia - Made famous when she came to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic disaster
1. Rms Titanic - Probably the most famous ship of all is the alleged unsinkable titanic which hit an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage (April 14 1912)