Defunct Cruise Lines
MV Oceana was built in 2000 as ocean princess for princess cruises she was originally named by Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal.
In November 2002, Ocean Princess entered service with P&O Cruises and was re-named oceana in a double naming ceremony that took place in Southampton, the ceremony also involved the naming of her sister ship sea princess which became Adonia, The naming was performed by HRH the Princess Royal and her daughter Zara Philips.
The oceana is a medium sized family friendly ship with a good choice of cabins that come in all shapes and sizes, as standard cabins are equipped with TV, radio and telephone, hairdryer, refrigerator and safe, tea/coffee making facilities, air conditioning, picture window (outside cabins) or picture mirror (inside cabins), vanity/writing desk and chair, wardrobe and drawer space and Daily steward service.
Her bars, restaurants, shops and lounges have been designed to flow seamlessly through the ship oceana also offers traditional fixed dinning times as well as Freedom dining (no fixed dining times).
For entertainment some of her facilities include Starlight’s show lounge, the cyb@study>, library and photo gallery, Le Club, Magnums, Tiffany's, Yacht and Compass and Footlights theatre, 4 swimming pools and 6 whirlpools, she even boasts a sports court that is housed in the ships funnel.
Oceana was last refitted in December 2012,this included upgrading of passenger cabins and new carpeting throughout, the ships nightclub was also refurbished with new seating, lighting and audiovisual equipment.
Onboard Entertainment and Facilities
|Restaurants & Bars||Shops|
|Fast Food||Room Service|
|Nightclub or Disco||Lounge|
|Pursers desk||Excursion desk|
|Card room||Medical room|
|Laundry room||Sauna/steam room|
|Gym||Childrens activity clubs|
|Babysitting service||Video games room|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor movie theater|
History's Most Famous
10. Costa Concordia - Largest cruise ship disaster, ran aground and capsized near Italy (2012), her captain allegedly saved himself whilst others were still onboard.
9. Hms Victory - Admiral Nelson's flagship, Best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar, now a museum ship at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, England
8. Hms Bounty - Made famous for Mutiny aboard ship, (April 28, 1789) against her captain William Bligh.
7. Santa Maria - was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage.
6. USS Indianapolis - After delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb the ship was torpedoed and sank, from the remaining 880 surviving crewmen only 317 were rescued with 563 men succumbing to shark attacks and dehydration.
5. Bismarck - One of the largest battleships ever built by Germany, responsible for sinking the British battleship Hms Hood.
4. USS Arizona - Sunk during the pearl harbour attacks in 1941, the ship still lies where she sank with a memorial constructed above it honouring the crew.
3. USS missouri - The place of the surrender of Japan which ended World War II. Now a museum ship at pearl harbour
2. Rms carpathia - Made famous when she came to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic disaster
1. Rms Titanic - Probably the most famous ship of all is the alleged unsinkable titanic which hit an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage (April 14 1912)