Defunct Cruise Lines
MS Caribbean Princess was built at the Italian based Fincantieri shipyards at a cost of $500 million, she came into service for princess cruises in 2004, she was named in a christening ceremony held in fort Lauderdale, Florida on April 2, with actress Jill Whelan acting as godmother.
On board Caribbean Princess offers 10 different stateroom options, these consist of interior, ocean view obstructed, ocean view with portholes, ocean view, balcony, mini suite with balcony, suite with windows, family suite with balcony, suite with balcony, and the luxurious grand suite with balcony which comes equipped with a personal computer, wet bar and a fireplace.
The ship offers several formal dining rooms in the cruise tradition, with Traditional Dining at the same times for each meal, Anytime Dining, which means you aren't limited to eating at a fixed time or place Instead, the choice of when and where you want to eat is flexible, other options include Casual Dining such as burgers or hot dogs from the trident grill, and speciality dinning which usually require you to book a reservation.
Caribbean princess does not disappoint with its on board entertainment and is equipped with all the usual cruise ship facilities such as a casino, pools and whirlpools, the princess theatre sets the stage with captivating productions and some of the most talented musicians, singers and dancers at sea, Caribbean princess was also the first modern cruise ship to feature a movies under the stars outdoor theatre.
Other highlights on the ship include the explorer’s lounge which is a smaller theatre with its own stage, an impressive fully equipped fitness centre, and a wedding chapel.
For younger guests youth and teen centre’s are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, fooseball tables, board games and jukeboxes. And for the littlest ones, activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties, pyjama nights and more.
Onboard Entertainment and Facilities
|Restaurants & Bars||Shops|
|Fast Food||Room Service|
|Nightclub or Disco||Lounge|
|Pursers desk||Excursion desk|
|Card room||Medical room|
|Laundry room||Sauna/steam room|
|Gym||Childrens activity clubs|
|Babysitting service||Video games room|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor movie theater|
History's Most Famous
10. Costa Concordia - Largest cruise ship disaster, ran aground and capsized near Italy (2012), her captain allegedly saved himself whilst others were still onboard.
9. Hms Victory - Admiral Nelson's flagship, Best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar, now a museum ship at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, England
8. Hms Bounty - Made famous for Mutiny aboard ship, (April 28, 1789) against her captain William Bligh.
7. Santa Maria - was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage.
6. USS Indianapolis - After delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb the ship was torpedoed and sank, from the remaining 880 surviving crewmen only 317 were rescued with 563 men succumbing to shark attacks and dehydration.
5. Bismarck - One of the largest battleships ever built by Germany, responsible for sinking the British battleship Hms Hood.
4. USS Arizona - Sunk during the pearl harbour attacks in 1941, the ship still lies where she sank with a memorial constructed above it honouring the crew.
3. USS missouri - The place of the surrender of Japan which ended World War II. Now a museum ship at pearl harbour
2. Rms carpathia - Made famous when she came to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic disaster
1. Rms Titanic - Probably the most famous ship of all is the alleged unsinkable titanic which hit an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage (April 14 1912)