Defunct Cruise Lines
Island Princess was built at the France based Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard at a cost of $330 million US Dollars, she was built as a panamax ship which means the vessel was constructed so that she can sail through the panama canal island princess is the sister ship to coral princess, they are the only ships in the princess fleet built with panamax specifications.
On board the ship there are 8 different passenger accommodations to choose from starting at the basic interior cabin which comes equipped with Satellite TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk and Private bathroom with shower, up to Premium accommodations like the 470-square-foot suite with balcony which come equipped with an array of additional amenities.
The ship offers several formal dining rooms in the cruise tradition, with Traditional Dining at the same times for each meal other dining options include local specialties and gourmet favourites from the ships speciality restaurants, flexible anytime dining which means you aren't limited to eating at a fixed time or place on the ship and finally casual dining where you can Get a quick and satisfying bite such as burgers hot dogs and pizza whenever you like from the various Casual Dining eateries.
she is equipped with all the usual cruise ship facilities such as a casino, pools and whirlpools, the princess theatre sets the stage with captivating productions and some of the most talented musicians, singers and dancers at sea, island princess is also equipped with the popular movies under the stars outdoor theater.
For younger guests youth and teen centre’s are fully equipped with everything from the latest video games and movies, to arts and crafts, fooseball tables, board games and jukeboxes. And for the littlest ones, activities like kids' karaoke, pizza parties, pyjama nights and more.
Onboard Entertainment and Facilities
|Restaurants & Bars||Shops|
|Fast Food||Room Service|
|Nightclub or Disco||Lounge|
|Pursers desk||Excursion desk|
|Card room||Medical room|
|Laundry room||Sauna/steam room|
|Gym||Childrens activity clubs|
|Babysitting service||Video games room|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor movie theater|
History's Most Famous
10. Costa Concordia - Largest cruise ship disaster, ran aground and capsized near Italy (2012), her captain allegedly saved himself whilst others were still onboard.
9. Hms Victory - Admiral Nelson's flagship, Best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar, now a museum ship at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, England
8. Hms Bounty - Made famous for Mutiny aboard ship, (April 28, 1789) against her captain William Bligh.
7. Santa Maria - was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage.
6. USS Indianapolis - After delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb the ship was torpedoed and sank, from the remaining 880 surviving crewmen only 317 were rescued with 563 men succumbing to shark attacks and dehydration.
5. Bismarck - One of the largest battleships ever built by Germany, responsible for sinking the British battleship Hms Hood.
4. USS Arizona - Sunk during the pearl harbour attacks in 1941, the ship still lies where she sank with a memorial constructed above it honouring the crew.
3. USS missouri - The place of the surrender of Japan which ended World War II. Now a museum ship at pearl harbour
2. Rms carpathia - Made famous when she came to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic disaster
1. Rms Titanic - Probably the most famous ship of all is the alleged unsinkable titanic which hit an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage (April 14 1912)