Defunct Cruise Lines
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the seas was built in Finland in 2001 at a cost of $500 million, she is one of royal Caribbean’s voyager class, These ships include a 350-foot indoor mall known as the Royal Promenade, featuring indoor pubs, shops, cafes, and bars, All cabins on Voyager-class ships feature an en-suite bathroom and an interactive television service, adventure of the seas is one of the older ships in the fleet and does not currently have the popular outdoor movie theatre but the ship is due to be refurbished in early 2014 so this facility should be available from April of the same year.
On board the ship there are four cabin types to choose from these are interior, outside, balcony and suites each type has a good choice of options, a typical interior cabin is equipped with a Sitting area, Two twin beds or one Royal King bed, Luxurious bedding, TV, telephone and safe, Private bathroom with shower, vanity area and hair dryer, Room service available, the ship is expected to receive new cabin options when she is upgraded in 2014 including a flat-screen TV in every room.
The ship offers plenty of dining options and food is served in the main dining room, but if you prefer a change from the traditional dining there are plenty of speciality restaurants available for a small extra charge, the royal promenade has plenty of casual dining venues where you can get a light snack, such as a slice of pizza or a sandwich Johnny rockets is an all American diner decorated in a 50s style complete with dancing waiters.
As you would expect from a royal Caribbean ship, adventure of the seas offers plenty of entertainment you can choose to relax at the spa and fitness centre, or if you are feeling more energetic there’s a full size basketball court, an ice skating rink, running track and rock climbing wall, other facilities on the ship include video arcade, screening room showing the latest films, internet centre, golf simulator, three pools and six whirlpools, beauty salon and much much more.
Onboard Entertainment and Facilities (as of April 2014)
|Restaurants & Bars||Shops|
|Fast Food||Room Service|
|Nightclub or Disco||Lounge|
|Pursers desk||Excursion desk|
|Card room||Medical room|
|Laundry room||Sauna/steam room|
|Gym||Childrens activity clubs|
|Babysitting service||Video games room|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor movie theater|
History's Most Famous
10. Costa Concordia - Largest cruise ship disaster, ran aground and capsized near Italy (2012), her captain allegedly saved himself whilst others were still onboard.
9. Hms Victory - Admiral Nelson's flagship, Best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar, now a museum ship at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, England
8. Hms Bounty - Made famous for Mutiny aboard ship, (April 28, 1789) against her captain William Bligh.
7. Santa Maria - was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage.
6. USS Indianapolis - After delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb the ship was torpedoed and sank, from the remaining 880 surviving crewmen only 317 were rescued with 563 men succumbing to shark attacks and dehydration.
5. Bismarck - One of the largest battleships ever built by Germany, responsible for sinking the British battleship Hms Hood.
4. USS Arizona - Sunk during the pearl harbour attacks in 1941, the ship still lies where she sank with a memorial constructed above it honouring the crew.
3. USS missouri - The place of the surrender of Japan which ended World War II. Now a museum ship at pearl harbour
2. Rms carpathia - Made famous when she came to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic disaster
1. Rms Titanic - Probably the most famous ship of all is the alleged unsinkable titanic which hit an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage (April 14 1912)