Defunct Cruise Lines
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the seas came into service for royal Caribbean in 2010, After a christening ceremony that took place on November 28, with DreamWorks animated character princess Fiona acting as godmother.
The ship was built at the Perno shipyard in Finland at a cost of $1.2 billion and at the time of writing this article is the largest passenger ship ever built.
On board the ship there are four cabin types to choose from these are interior, outside, balcony and suites each type has a good choice of options, for instance if you were opting for a suite there are ten different styles to choose from, balcony cabins have 6 options to choose from, whilst interior and outside cabins have 3 different styles each.
For entertainment allure of the seas does not disappoint, there is plenty to see and do for the entire family, the ship is equipped with all the traditional activities you would expect to find on a modern ship plus plenty of innovative things to do that can only be found on royal Caribbean ships, fancy some surfing and riding the waves then you can allure of the seas has not one but two Flowriders, the vessel has a real park knows as central park complete with real plants and trees and surrounded by restaurants, bars, and shops. towards the stern of the ship on deck six there is the open air boardwalk with plenty of casual dining venues an ice cream parlour and even a fairground carousel, there are two 43 foot high rock climbing walls each with multiple climbing routes, other activities include miniature golf, a water park, zip line, Aquatheater, 3d movie theatre, internet centre, an ice skating rink and the DreamWorks experience where you can meet popular DreamWorks characters like Shrek, Fiona and kung fu panda, These characters will interact with kids in fun activities such as story time, dance parties and meet and greet mealtimes.
Onboard Entertainment and Facilities
|Restaurants & Bars||Shops|
|Fast Food||Room Service|
|Nightclub or Disco||Lounge|
|Pursers desk||Excursion desk|
|Card room||Medical room|
|Laundry room||Sauna/steam room|
|Gym||Childrens activity clubs|
|Babysitting service||Video games room|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor movie theater|
History's Most Famous
10. Costa Concordia - Largest cruise ship disaster, ran aground and capsized near Italy (2012), her captain allegedly saved himself whilst others were still onboard.
9. Hms Victory - Admiral Nelson's flagship, Best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar, now a museum ship at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, England
8. Hms Bounty - Made famous for Mutiny aboard ship, (April 28, 1789) against her captain William Bligh.
7. Santa Maria - was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage.
6. USS Indianapolis - After delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb the ship was torpedoed and sank, from the remaining 880 surviving crewmen only 317 were rescued with 563 men succumbing to shark attacks and dehydration.
5. Bismarck - One of the largest battleships ever built by Germany, responsible for sinking the British battleship Hms Hood.
4. USS Arizona - Sunk during the pearl harbour attacks in 1941, the ship still lies where she sank with a memorial constructed above it honouring the crew.
3. USS missouri - The place of the surrender of Japan which ended World War II. Now a museum ship at pearl harbour
2. Rms carpathia - Made famous when she came to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic disaster
1. Rms Titanic - Probably the most famous ship of all is the alleged unsinkable titanic which hit an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage (April 14 1912)