Defunct Cruise Lines
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the seas was built at the Meyer Werft ship yard in Germany and belongs to royal Caribbean’s radiance class, these types of ships are built to panamax specifications which allow them to pass through the Panama Canal, there are a total of four ships in this class, and they are Radiance, brilliance, jewel and Serenade of the seas.
The vessel came into service with royal Caribbean in august 2003 following a christening ceremony held in New York with American actress Whoopi Goldberg taking on the role of godmother.
On board the ship there are four cabin types to choose from these are interior, outside, and suites each type has a good choice of options, a typical interior cabin is equipped with a Sitting area, Two twin beds or one Royal King bed, Luxurious bedding, TV, telephone and safe, Private bathroom with shower, vanity area and hair dryer, Room service available, while top of the range suites include extra touches such as private balconies and a personalised concierge service.
The ship offers plenty of dining options and food is served in the main dining room, but if you prefer a change from the traditional dining there are plenty of speciality restaurants available for a small extra charge, at the windjammer cafe you can get a light snack, such as a panini or a sandwich or a laid back dinner,
As you would expect from a royal Caribbean ship, Serenade of the seas offers plenty of entertainment, you can choose to relax at the spa and fitness centre, or if you are feeling more energetic theres a rock climbing wall, and jogging track, other facilities on the ship include video arcade, internet centre, three pools and three whirlpools, beauty salon, internet centre, art gallery and much much more.
Onboard Entertainment and Facilities
|Restaurants & Bars||Shops|
|Fast Food||Room Service|
|Nightclub or Disco||Lounge|
|Pursers desk||Excursion desk|
|Card room||Medical room|
|Laundry room||Sauna/steam room|
|Gym||Childrens activity clubs|
|Babysitting service||Video games room|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor movie theater|
History's Most Famous
10. Costa Concordia - Largest cruise ship disaster, ran aground and capsized near Italy (2012), her captain allegedly saved himself whilst others were still onboard.
9. Hms Victory - Admiral Nelson's flagship, Best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar, now a museum ship at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, England
8. Hms Bounty - Made famous for Mutiny aboard ship, (April 28, 1789) against her captain William Bligh.
7. Santa Maria - was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage.
6. USS Indianapolis - After delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb the ship was torpedoed and sank, from the remaining 880 surviving crewmen only 317 were rescued with 563 men succumbing to shark attacks and dehydration.
5. Bismarck - One of the largest battleships ever built by Germany, responsible for sinking the British battleship Hms Hood.
4. USS Arizona - Sunk during the pearl harbour attacks in 1941, the ship still lies where she sank with a memorial constructed above it honouring the crew.
3. USS missouri - The place of the surrender of Japan which ended World War II. Now a museum ship at pearl harbour
2. Rms carpathia - Made famous when she came to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic disaster
1. Rms Titanic - Probably the most famous ship of all is the alleged unsinkable titanic which hit an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage (April 14 1912)